Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jordan's Surgery

Jordan is scheduled for her Nissen G-tube surgery on Thursday at 8:55am. The surgery is scheduled to take approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. We will need to be there at 6:55am which will mean an early morning for all of us!! After Jordan has been discharged from recovery, she will be admitted to DeVos Children's Hospital and will be given a room for the next 3 days or so.

Derrick and I have somewhat mixed feelings about all of this. We are looking forward to feeding Jordan without having her cry, fuss, gurgle, and have food come out of her nose. She will be able to get the amount of nutrition her little body needs to grow and develop without concern for getting it into her safely. The time relief for me will be huge!! I currently spend over 3 hours a day feeding Jordan and I don't feed her when we are eating so it's a large portion of my day.

On the other hand, we have very normal concerns about our little baby going under anesthesia for an open surgical procedure. We know that there are always risks with this sort of thing and therefore are a little anxious about it.

Please be praying for Jordan with her upcoming surgery and for the Dr.'s and all of the medical staff that will be assisting with the procedure as well as Derrick and I and our whole family as we go through this process with her. Please also pray for her recovery and the stay for us in the hospital (I will be staying with her). I will try to find a way to update the blog from the hospital - hopefully they will have a computer with Internet access somewhere.

Thank you for all of your prayers for Jordan as we face this journey.

1 comment:

The Clack Family said...

I am will be praying for you guys! Maybe I can bring a meal over on Friday?? Will that help?!?! Let me know! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Stacey