Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Words

Last week someone said something that I didn't really react to...but the next morning when I was telling Derrick the story, I broke down and started crying.  I wanted to run to this blog and post what happened.  Unfortunately, I was not willing to share who said it or what was said.  That makes for a rather boring blog post.

I have been processing through this comment, the way I interpreted it, and the intended meaning behind it (in my opinion.)  Mostly, it made me realize that I have a long way to go to truly accepting that not everyone views Jordan as I do. 

I see her potential, not her limitations. 
I see her strengths, not her weaknesses.
I see her beauty, not her imperfections.
I see her high-energy level, not a hyperactive child. 
I see her as a gift from God.

Not something I could have ever asked for, yet he gave her to me.
In doing so, God has shown me that He trusts me.
More than I often trust myself.

No comments: