Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Finally started Compleat!!

Well, after waiting over a week for Meijer to get the Compleat in, they finally told me that they were out at their warehouse and didn't know when they would be getting it in.  This is not a problem now because we are using her Pediasure/Boost mixture...however, once we start the Compleat, we have exactly one month's worth of food that we can get every month.  Therefore, when our WIC resets for the new month and I go to get her food, I normally have no more than a day or so extra.  I cannot just wait until it comes in.  This is her only source of nutrition and I cannot risk it not being available.

I went through my list of WIC providers and realized that CVS is another location that I can use.  Since they are less than a mile from our house (closer than Meijer) and I am there weekly to pick up a few great deals, it seemed like a perfect fit.

I stopped by there last Thursday and asked the Pharmacist if they could order the formula and I could pay for it through WIC.  She said that they could get it and it would normally be there the next day, although sometimes it may take 2 days from the time I order depending on the time of day.  I was so excited.  I confirmed this with the Manager before leaving the store and waited for Jordan's Compleat to arrive!!

I went there Monday morning to score some deals and see if her food was in.  It was!!!  I proceeded to take it to the counter to check out and the girl behind the counter started to ring it up.  I had 2 cases of 24 cans and each had to be rung in individually so it took a while.  We started chatting and she told me that she had been on a g-tube for about 4 months several years before because she has Crohn's Disease.  It's always interesting to meet someone who has lived this and hear a bit about their story. 


I am so thankful to have started Jordan on this new food!  The transition takes 5 weeks to get her on it 100%.  If we transition too quickly, her body can reject the food and have some difficulty digesting it properly.  Yesterday we took out 30 ml of her mixture and replaced it with the Compleat.  Every 5 days we increase the Compleat and decrease the mixture. 

The cost of Pediasure and Boost seemed expensive...but Compleat is ridiculous!!!  Each 8.25 oz can is $4.18!!!  Once Jordan is on the full amount, she will use about 3 cans a day.  I am so glad that WIC is covering this expense for us!!

No comments: