Thursday, May 29, 2008

Another Ear Infection...

Jordan had congestion and a cough all weekend and then on Sunday developed a rash all over her torso. I almost thought it could be chicken pox since her babysitter was "possibly" diagnosed with shingles 2 days after watching her a few weeks before. There was never a change into blisters or scabs so I was pretty sure it was something else.

Jordan weighed in at 14lbs. 13 oz. which surprised me because a week ago at MFB she weighed in at 15lbs. 3 oz. I'm not sure if someone's scale isn't working or if she dropped weight?!?! She is scheduled to be weighed at MFB in another week, so I will wait until then to see what she's at.

Linda identified the rash as a reactiont to detergents, soaps, lotions, etc. We had used Cetaphil for a long time but a few months ago when I ran out, I tried Johnson's and she seemed fine with it. She asked me to use Aquaphor Baby Gentle Wash and Healing Cream and start washing her clothes in Dreft. Jordan had a huge coughing spell while we were there and Linda listened quite a bit to her chest but determined that her lungs were clear and it was all in her airway. She recommended we use a vaporizer in her room and raise the head of her bed. She did identify that she had an ear infection in her left ear and prescribed antibiotics.

I mentioned that the therapist and nutritionist at MFB would like to put her on Pediasure instead of formula and asked if that was okay. She thought it should be fine since she's almost a year old. She offered to write a prescription since it is such a large quantity and being medically suggested. I was very thankful that she offered to do this!

No comments: