Thursday, February 5, 2009

Jordan pulls her tube out!!!

Today was a crazy day!!!

It started this morning when Mak got up an hour early and read every clock in the house wrong and stood at the bus stop for 15 minutes before coming home and realizing that he got up so early! Then my mom came up to spend the day and I headed out with Conner to pick up Mak and the three of us had dentist appointments. On the way there, the van kinda went into neutral without actually switching gears and then went right back into drive - kinda strange, but I was just planning on telling Derrick about it later. Then after our appointment we got in the van and I couldn't get it into gear. I put it in reverse but it wouldn't go - I gave it some gas and it eventually shifted into gear but after I backed out of the parking spot and put it in drive, it wouldn't go again - it seemed to be stuck in neutral - I coasted back into our parking spot. I tried to restart the van and over and over again I tried to get it to back out but it never seemed to stay in gear. Since I was not about to get out on the roads with a car that wouldn't stay in gear, I called a friend to give us a ride home. We were almost there when I got a call from Derrick telling me that Jordan had pulled her feeding tube out and I needed to get home right away!!!

My mom was feeding Jordan and she pulled on the tube and it popped right out! It was only a few days ago that Lynn Fagerman mentioned to me that she was nearing a good time for a routine tube change - about every 3 months. My mom had her sitting on her changing table when I got home and since it had only been out for about 5 minutes, I grabbed a new one and amazingly put it right in and inflated the balloon with no problems. Jordan was fine and she now has a new tube that should last for a few more months.

I wasn't sure I could do it before, but now that I have seen it and done it, I guess I can! It's amazing what experiencing something can teach you. I was so scared, but when I pushed it in the hole and it went it, I had a HUGE sense of relief! I now have a new sense of confidence with Jordan and her tube.

However, I think my mom now has more fears and insecurities about Jordan. She was the one that was here and experienced it falling out and was not sure what to do. I hope that this experience doesn't make her uneasy about caring for Jordan - she was pretty shaken up about all of it. Please be praying for my mom to feel okay about everything - she needs to know that this is not something that happens every day and she didn't do anything wrong to cause it to happen. Please pray for to have a peace about it and a willingness to care for her again.

No comments: