Sunday, October 5, 2008

Standing, Clothes, and Another Dr. Appt.

Friday night Derrick and I were sitting at the table and Jordan was in the port-a-crib while we ate dinner. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her sit down. I wasn't sure, but I kept watching and the next thing I knew, she pulled herself up to standing!!! Derrick and I watched in AMAZEMENT as our little girl continued to pull herself up over and over again (she can only stand for a few seconds)!!! I have been working with her for several weeks on pulling up to standing. If she's wearing her "hip-helpers" and I am helping keep her feet straight and guiding her up, she can do it, but I had never seen her do it on her own. We are very encouraged by this accomplishment as it shows her strength increasing and her desire to be mobile driving her forward meet milestones!

This past week, the weather turned colder and I had to face the fact that summer is over and it was time to put away the summer clothes and get out the fall one's. I tried some of her outfits on her and realized that she had FINALLY outgrown the 3-6 month clothes she has been wearing for a YEAR!!! Last spring I started using some 6 month clothes and mid-summer I even used a few 9 month outfits. I am now able to put her into 12 month clothes because she is gaining weight and getting bigger in her belly. She has consistently been so skinny that the waist of outfit's were always too big.

Unfortunately, since her tube leaks constantly, we have quite a bit of staining on some of her clothes. I am trying to be careful when dressing her in nice/cute clothes to cover the tube with an extra pad of gauze to try to avoid stains. She has an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow afternoon to have them address some of the problems we have been having with the leaking and tissue growth. We also had an internal stitch work it's way up the tube to the button - they didn't feel it was a big problem so we had to wait a few days to have it checked out. I'm not sure if they will put the new tube in, but I will bring it along with me in case they can.

1 comment:

Stacey Clack said...

Ahhhh yeah, I am so glad she is standing.... I can't wait to see!!!!
Jordan, Dylan says WAY TO GO BABY!