Monday, September 8, 2008

Doing Well!

Jordan has been doing really well! She is taking her feedings without any problems. The biggest difficulty is when she pulls the feeding tube out from the button in her belly and her Pediasure starts dripping all over the place!! This happens a couple of times a day! I will be talking to her surgeon at her appt. on Wednesday to see if he would be willing to put the other kind of button in - it locks the feeding tube in place so it won't disconnect during a feeding. I am also looking forward to an official weight check. The site where the button was placed is looking a little raw so I am trying to keep it clean and dry to allow it to heal. She still plays with it so I am keeping it covered as much as possible.

Last week Jordan also started back with her Early On therapist. Betsy brought "hip helpers" that are like bike shorts with the legs sewn together. This puts Jordan's legs in the proper position for crawling and moving around. By strengthing the proper muscles and getting her used to that position, we are hoping that she will be able to do it on her own eventually. We worked on getting her to stand from sitting on my lap. This week we also start her group therapy at Ken-O-Sha.

I had my wrist surgery last week and I am struggling with doing many of the daily tasks I have taken for granted. I am still taking pain meds because I often find myself hurting my wrist by doing things I probably shouldn't be doing, but need to be done. I will have my bandage on for a little over a week more and then I just have to take it easy for a couple of weeks. Hopefully, I will have full function of my hand/wrist by the end of September.

No comments: