Friday, April 4, 2008

The beginning of the journey...

In the past few weeks, we have gone from thinking we had a very healthy, petite, slightly lazy, absolutely adorable little baby girl. Then her 9 month checkup on March 14th changed things. She was diagnosed with "Failure to Thrive?" (question mark included in her diagnosis) and our journey began to figure out what was going on with her. Since then we have had bloodwork done at Spectrum Hospital, a Developmental Assesment done by therapists from Ken-O-Sha/Early On, and a Oral Motor Skills Evaluation done at Mary Free Bed. I will discuss the results of it all later...

I am not sure exactly what I felt at first, other than, "what have I done or not done to cause this?" Was I so busy trying to be a mom to all of my kids, that I didn't give her all she needed? I don't feel like I neglected her, but I sure was busy with Conner during the past 9 months. I understand that it necessarily "my fault" but I wonder... what could I have done differently? Why didn't I see it sooner? What does the future hold?

No comments: